What are Cookies?
There are two primary categories of cookies:
- Essential (or Strictly Necessary) – These cookies enable core functionality such as security, verification of identity and network management. These cookies can’t be disabled.
- Non-essential – all other cookies
- The Dot Collective Consulting Limited require consent from the user for non-essential cookies to be placed on a device.
- Cookie consent is required for each distinct purpose for which non-essential cookies are used (see Cookie Categories below)
- Cookie consent is captured on an initial visit to this website and expires after 1 year.
- Cookie consent preferences can be amended at any time by visiting this page. Each amendment to cookie consent preferences sets a new 1 year expiry period.
Cookies have an expiry period. They are created and store data for a specific period of time.
- Session cookies – a cookie that is stored temporarily and expires after your session (or visit) or when you close the browser.
- Persistent cookies – a cookie that persists for a specific period of time beyond a session (or visit). Persistent cookies typically contain preferences or choices that are required to persist across multiple sessions. 7 days, 30 days & 1 year are examples of persistent cookie expiry periods.
This website uses both session and persistent cookies.
Cookies are classified as first party or third party.
- First party cookies are placed from the domain of the website visited.
- Third party cookies are placed from domains different to the website visited. They are traditionally from 3rd party technologies or services used on the website.
This website uses both first party and third party cookies.
The cookies used on this website fall into the following categories.
- Essential - these cookies are required to make this digital service work for you. They enable core functionality such as security, verification of identity and network management. These cookies can’t be disabled.
- Analytics - These cookies help us to understand how visitors interact with our website, discover errors and provide a better overall analytics.
- Marketing - these cookies are used to track advertising effectiveness to provide a more relevant service and deliver better ads to suit your interests.
- Functional - These cookies collect data to remember choices users make to improve and give a more personalised experience.